I just found the video clip from Kelly Cutrone's reality show "Kell On Earth" where the newly hired intern that tweeted about the show was fired within 20 minutes of being hired.
See the clip of Virginia (the new intern) and her tweets below.
So important to remember discretion within your workplace.
Lastly, I found another blog that was fostering a conversation regarding
this specific Twitter scandal. The blogger, Kalisah, initially posted that if she were Virginia, she "would be pissed." Kalisah also continues to explain why she feels it wasn't fair to fire Virginia.
In response to this Kalisah's post, an anonymous poster replied with:
I agree with this response.
To see Kalisah's full blog post that "anonymous" was arguing with, check out her blog here.
Lastly, I found another blog that was fostering a conversation regarding
this specific Twitter scandal. The blogger, Kalisah, initially posted that if she were Virginia, she "would be pissed." Kalisah also continues to explain why she feels it wasn't fair to fire Virginia.
In response to this Kalisah's post, an anonymous poster replied with:
Anonymous said... "In their defense about the blogging, they are blogging about what's happening as the show presents events, and not as they happen in real time. Given how tons of reality shows make people sign NDA's to protect material that will later be presented, they had a legitimate right to be weary about someone who was so frivolously twittering every single detail about joining the cast.
And how much of their twittering details actual events and not trivialities like 'I'm tired and need coffee.' Virginia gave them every reason to believe that discretion would not be her forte and has no reason to be pissed. Just because someone embraces new social media doesn't mean s/he is adept at using it in the best possible way for the sake of the company. Your argument essentially says that someone at XYZ company should hire a twittering fiend even though that person may divulge confidential or sensitive material to the masses because they embrace new media."
I agree with this response.
To see Kalisah's full blog post that "anonymous" was arguing with, check out her blog here.
No comments:
Post a Comment